Leadership & Development: Creative Development Director, Creative Women NY (CWNY)
- Works with CWNY divisions in shaping the company’s season.
- Assists with financial oversight and budgets.
- Reviews contracts and agreements general by CWNY divisions.
- Works with the Director of Marketing/Publicity in promoting the productions, services and public image of CWNY.
- Assists the Film division in acquiring and reviewing film scripts and potential properties for film
CWNY is a non-profit performing arts and producing organization dedicated to creative development, training and production, in theatre and film (www.cwnyi.org).
Management: Development, building coalitions, acquiring grants, and designing fundraisers
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, The Shakespeare Society
During my tenure as Executive Director, I focused on several initiatives that included:
- Expanding the organization’s brand and revenue by strategic partnerships with The Department of Education, The Public Theater, The Metropolitan Opera, the Rubin Museum of Art, Morgan Library and Museum, The John Jay Heritage Foundation, and Harlem RBI.
- Raising revenue through innovative fundraisers, special events, and expansion of the Board.
- Doubling the number of new grant requests to include City and State Funding, and other private foundations.
- Reorganizing the organization’s finances to meet industry standards.
- Designing Shakespeare afterschool curriculum for Hunter College Elementary School and other public schools in New York.
Founded in 1997, The Shakespeare Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the enjoyment, understanding, and appreciation of William Shakespeare’s works. The Shakespeare Society offers a variety of events for the general public, workshops and residencies to aid the theatrical and artistic community, and extensive programs for the children of New York.